[OE-core] SDK confusion!

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 13:50:24 UTC 2012

On 17 December 2012 23:20, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com> wrote:
[...]
> This is Yocto Project 1.2, the feature arrived sometime between 1.2 and 1.3.
>
> The 'danny' branch is 1.3, 'denzil' is 1.2.  I may have said 'denzil' by
> accident in the last email.
>
> Basically you need a newer oe-core to use this feature, or you need to
> backport it.

Ok. I have switched branches now and got it working for
core-image-minimal. Thanks.

However, the systemd-image in Angstrom has an issue that breaks
"bitbake systemd-image -c populate_sdk". I have posted a message on
their list just now. But basically, the error is this:

$ bitbake systemd-image -c populate_sdk
[...]
| Package netbase-dbg (5.0-r1) installed in root is up to date.
| Collected errors:
|  * check_conflicts_for: The following packages conflict with openssh:
|  * check_conflicts_for: 	dropbear *
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openssh-dev.
|  * check_conflicts_for: The following packages conflict with openssh:
|  * check_conflicts_for: 	dropbear *
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openssh-dbg.
| DEBUG: Python function do_populate_sdk finished
| ERROR: Function failed: populate_sdk_image (see
/home/bfo/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_05-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/systemd-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk.18052
for further information)
ERROR: Task 10 (/home/bfo/setup-scripts/sources/meta-angstrom/recipes-images/angstrom/systemd-image.bb,
do_populate_sdk) failed with exit code '1'

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman