[OE-core] RFC: systemd integration

Radu Moisan radu.moisan at intel.com
Thu Dec 20 10:08:57 UTC 2012

On 12/20/2012 10:52 AM, Radu Moisan wrote:

> On 12/19/2012 10:57 PM, Eric Bénard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Le Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:20:45 +0200,
>> Radu Moisan <radu.moisan at intel.com> a écrit :
>>>       I have prepared a branch on poky-contrib (rmoisan/systemd)
>>> where I
>>> pulled systemd from meta-openembedded. The goal is to merge this into
>>> oe-core, so please take a look and give me your feedback on stuff that
>>> needs work or things that I might have done wrong, so that I can
>>> prepare
>>> it for merge.
>> a nitpick :
>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=rmoisan/systemd&id=02f4027f7ccddaff3b0316962e7a86a04d31abbc
>>
>> here you add that to lighttpd recipe :
>> + file://lighttpd_fix_for_automake-1.12.patch \
>> + file://lighttpd.service
>> but you don't add the patch
>>
>> then here (several patches later)
>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=rmoisan/systemd&id=0b6a5d3f998d2f1bb346c403d512c33ee93052fb
>>
>> you fix that :
>> - file://lighttpd_fix_for_automake-1.12.patch \
> that was a regression I introduced when I rebased on master a while
> back. I'll squash it with the initial commit.
     It just got clearer what happened here. So, there was a regression,
systemd related changes were missing after rebase. However with automake
patch something alse happened.  Since my initial commit, lighttpd was
updated to 1.4.32 and it didn't need that patch anymore, so it got
removed. When I rebased, the patch was removed but the inclusion in .bb
file didn't so I got an error, which I had to fix.
     For consistency, I'll squash systemd related changes back into the
first commit, but the removal of automake patch will stay in this last
patch.