[OE-core] meta-qt5 - problems with pkgconfig-0.25

Erik Botö erik.boto at pelagicore.com
Thu Dec 20 14:26:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

(This message was previously posted to openembedded-devel, but I got
feedback that it might belong here)

When I build qtbase using https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5 I get cross
compiler badness warnings, it uses some includes from my host machine
instead of from sysroot. I have seen this before when cross compiling qt5
manually, and then the fix was to upgrade my host pkgconfig from 0.22 to
0.26 (I didn't really try the versions in between, just built a more recent
version).

I did a quick hack by building pkgconfig 0.26 in yocto by simply removing
the patches and using upstream vanilla 0.26 and then qtbase builds properly
without using host includes.

But it feels kind of strange that a bug like this hasn't affected any other
packages? Has anyone else seen something like this and can shed more light
on what's happening?

Best Regards,
Erik