[OE-core] any objection to my cleaning up some packagegroup files in oe-core?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Mon Dec 31 12:12:39 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-30 12:44, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>    specifically, in cases like this in packagegroup-core-sdk.bb:
>
> RDEPENDS_packagegroup-core-sdk
>
> could more cleanly be expressed as:
>
> RDEPENDS_${PN}
>
> could it not?  there are quite a few of those unnecessarily verbose
> constructs, anyone mind if i submit a patch to make that change?

Why stop there?  It seems that recipe could use more changes:
   RPROVIDES_packagegroup-core-sdk = "task-core-sdk"
   RREPLACES_packagegroup-core-sdk = "task-core-sdk"
   RCONFLICTS_packagegroup-core-sdk = "task-core-sdk"

   RDEPENDS_packagegroup-core-sdk = "\

All of these should use _${PN}

Also, most of the recipes in meta/recipes-core/packagegroups/* could
use similar changes to make them more readable and maintainable.