[OE-core] accessing variables

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Feb 1 22:40:00 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 16:15, Andreas Müller <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> another stupid question from my side:
>>
>> do
>>
>> bb.data.getVar('foo', d, 1)
>>
>> and
>>
>> d.getVar('foo', 1)
>>
>> access the same data?
>

> It does but the later is supported on recent bitbake versions only.

This is wrong. It's been supported since the first checkin of
data_smart.py in 2005. We just used the other one as a potential
separation of public api and private implementation. We have since
changed our minds and realized that we could just as easily replace
the object with something else which conforms to this API.
--
Christopher Larson