[OE-core] RFC: Porting KDE Plasma Active (WIP)

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 12:24:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 01:18:38PM +0100, Samuel Stirtzel wrote:
> 2012/2/2 Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com>:
> > On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 12:50:16PM +0100, Samuel Stirtzel wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> for some time now I've been working on a port of Plasma Active, the
> >> next generation touch user interface from KDE.
> >> If you never heard about Plasma Active see [1].
> >> For touch devices it is much more satisfying to use a GUI that is
> >> designed for this input method, so I started porting it.
> >> Someone already built Plasma Active for the Pandaboard [2] but it was
> >> compiled native on the device, but somehow this inspired me to start
> >> this project.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > are you "darkh" on IRC? Because he wrote me about his meta-kde layer few
> > months ago, but haven't seen him since then.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com

> No, I am not.
> However if there are already existent recipes it may be worth a look,
> but I guess as you didn't post a link he had not provided more info?

Unfortunately not
13:20:52 < ibot> darkh <~dark at 93.199.81.252> was last seen on IRC in
channel #openmoko-cdevel, 264d 20h 11m 16s ago, saying: 'Linux om-gta02
2.6.37.6 #1 Fri May 13 08:06:01 CEST 2011 armv4tl GNU/Linux <-- l
finally got the right clock values JaMa|Off... or at least one that are working'.

So yes it was almost year ago..

And when he told me about it and send me link to repository I was on
holidays and irssi wasn't logging private query.. :/

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com