[OE-core] bitbake -c clean <package> fails

Ulf Samuelsson openembedded-core at emagii.com
Tue Feb 7 11:45:50 UTC 2012

2012-01-30 10:48, Andrei Gherzan skrev:
> On 01/29/2012 07:35 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Ulf Samuelsson
>> <openembedded-core at emagii.com>  wrote:
>>> First I attempted to just remove the source tarball from the downloads
>>> directory.
>>> No download, but build completed.
>> if you want a fresh fetch.
>> you can just do bitbake -ccleanall module-init-tools
>> that will remove the sstate as well as the sources

> Clean it's just a "clean". As in "make clean". So after a clean you
> will typically have configure, compile etc.
> "cleanall" = remove unpacked + remove source. So after a clean you
> will tipically have fetch.
I have tried clean, cleansstate and cleanall.
All of them remove the source directory.

If I try to use XorA's method of testing out the kernel
http://www.xora.org.uk/2009/12/10/openembeddedangstrom-kernel-workflow/
then it fails since a recompile of the source will fail to update
dependencies.
If i bitbake -c compile virtual/kernel -f a
and then
bitbake virtual/kernel
then the previous build will be used.

Is it at all possible now to recompile, without having to clean out
everything,
and start from scratch?