[OE-core] Expert track at yocto dev day?

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed Feb 8 18:16:32 UTC 2012

On 02/08/2012 10:54 AM, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Richard Purdie
> <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 22:27 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>> Op 7 feb. 2012, om 22:22 heeft Saul Wold het volgende geschreven:
>>> dev days next week? I bet we can do a nice code sprint :)

>>> I know at least one expert that will not be presenting for sure :)
>>
>> The developer day has sections which are of a hands on labs format and
>> we're trying to ensure there are people around to help out with those.
>>
>> I'd love to get people together to do code sprint type activities but
>> there isn't really enough time to do everything and I know my schedule
>> has many meetings already spread over the conference. I wouldn't want to
>> do the code sprint at the expense of the developer day.
>>
>> If we had a list of things we wanted to discuss/work on and an idea of
>> who needed/wanted to be involved, we probably could find a corner
>> somewhere and some time to look at things though.
>
> Be sure to let the list know if you plan anything.

Ho much interest is there in an OE developers meeting to work on issues
and code? OE has run these in the past very successfully. As the project
becomes more global, it is getting harder to get a critical mass of
people in one place at the same time.

I'd hoped we could organize something around one of the existing
conferences, but it is becoming apparent this approach does not work due
to people's schedules and general burnout issues with conference schedules.

To make this work, we need a critical of mass of developers with travel
money and some to provide a basic meeting/workspace.

Thoughts? I know this is above many people's pay grade, so please
forward this to your managers.

Philip