[OE-core] Problems with Pseudo

Daniel Lazzari dlazzari at leapfrog.com
Fri Feb 17 19:50:49 UTC 2012

A problem just popped up today that I can't seem to fix. When trying to bitbake anything, I first get the following message:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpseudo.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Followed by a bunch of debug output, detailing the configuration files being loaded, then finally I get:

ERROR:  Poky's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
    Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

    Pseudo is not functioning correctly, which will cause failures during package installation. Please check your configuration.

ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed

I've never seen this before, but I'm afraid to disable it because I know how important pseudo is. Strangely enough, if I run pseudo (the one built in the i686-linux sysroot) manually from the command line, it works just fine. I tried blowing away my build directory and downloads but nothing seems to work. Has anyone seen this before or might be able to help me track down what's going on?

Thanks,

Dan Lazzari Jr.
Firmware Engineer
dlazzari at leapfrog.com