[OE-core] Fwd: [oe] Source Archiver Class

Xiaofeng Yan xiaofeng.yan at windriver.com
Mon Feb 20 06:40:23 UTC 2012

On 2012年02月18日 07:52, Saul Wold wrote:

> Xiaofeng & Community:
>
> We had a chat with Chris Larson and Mark Hatle here at ELC.
>
> We focused this issue down to a fewer number of options that meet the
> needs of the licenses.  Please review this and let us know if there
> are any issues or concerns.

Hi Saul,

I comment my understanding as follow:
> Best Practices:
>  - Archive during build, we do not support nor recommend post archiving
>  - Original tarball and patches w/ordering file (maybe comment the
>    series), grab non-patch files also.
         for example:
         file://a.patch
         file://b.config.in
         we also archive b.config.in.
>  - Unless requesting configured sources, which will just be the
>    configured source tarball
>  - Grab temp as postfunc of do_package - latest logs via links & pid

        That means logs package include all of logs in temp. for example.
        You has described a following function we will realize at the
previous email.
       3 - Original Source code & Patches & temp (scripts & logs)

        source codes and patches should be in the stage
do_patch[postfunc] = " do_get_source"
        logs should be in the stage do_package[postfunc] = " do_get_logs"
        So logs file shouldn't be archived in do_patch[postfunc] = "
do_get_logs"
        The logs in the stage of do_packge are more than do_patch.

> For sstate Builds (LATER):
>  - need to verify that fetch/patch/configure will get re-run for
> archiving
>  - Add temp dir to sstate capture (without links)
>
> 3 Implementations classes
>  - Filter in oe/lib/license.py
>  - source_archive.bb
>    - archives tarballs to ${BP}/...
>    - reuse copyleft_compliance for patch handling
>  - srpm
>    - take output from above and create SRPM - (LATER)

We will do the archive  work according the license .  I will implement
two functions, one is for left, the other for right.
> 2 Configuration classes
>  - uses prefunc/postfunc at correct place
>  - Original Tarball / Patches
>  - Post Configuration

We can define 8 classes to complete  8 kinds of archiving methods.
every class will inherit archiver.bbclass.
and then realize do_stage[prefunc/postfunc] in this class.
stage include unpack, patch, configure, build package and so on.
for example. we want only to get original tarball, then we can define a
bbclass named "source.bbclass"
source.bbclass:
   inherit archiver.bbclass
   do_unpack[postfunc] = " do_get_source"

if we want to get both original and patches tarball, then we can define
bbclass names "source_patches.bbclass"
source_patches.bbclass
    inherit archiver.bbclass
    do_unpack[postfunc] = " do_get_source_patches"

> SOURCE_ARCHIVE_PACKAGE_TYPE = {tar, srpm}
> SOURCE_ARCHIVE_LOG = {True, False}
>
> Please let us know if you have any questions.
>
> Sau!

If my understanding don't meet your ideas, Please correct me.

Thanks for your help very much.

Thanks
Yan