[OE-core] Linker error while cross compiling, (Qt issue?)

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:53:54 UTC 2012

Hi,
although building libdbusmenu-qt [1] for kdelibs succeeds, linking the
library will fail with "undefined reference to
DBusMenuExporter::~DBusMenuExporter" and similar errors.
The library is there and nothing in the configure / compile log of
both recipes seems to state any sort misconfiguration for this case.

For libdbusmenu-qt the settings were double checked, according to the
configuration it "should" export the symbols, however for some very
odd reasons it doesn't export any useful symbols at all.
See  http://pastebin.com/z9QfsCTc  for the list of exported symbols
(U=required symbols, T=provided symbols, for others see "man nm").

This error really puzzles me, usually I would assume that a library
has no problems to export symbols.
(Posted this to the core list as chances are good that it might be Qt related)

It seems to only occur when cross compiling.

Anyone has an idea if this is gcc ld / Qt related, or how to resolve it?
Help would be appreciated.

[1] http://gitorious.org/dbusmenu/dbusmenu-qt/trees/master/src
--
Regards