[OE-core] Linker error while cross compiling, (Qt issue?)

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Feb 22 16:12:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 14:06, Samuel Stirtzel
<s.stirtzel at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2012/2/22 Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>:
>> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 13:53, Samuel Stirtzel
>> <s.stirtzel at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> This error really puzzles me, usually I would assume that a library
>>> has no problems to export symbols.
>>
>> It puzzles me as well;  I have many applications and libraries linking
>> against Qt without problem is my first advice is to check the build
>> system of libdbusmenu-qt and check if it has any linking blackmagic or
>> something like that.
>
> It looks like the "usual" linking magic:
> http://gitorious.org/dbusmenu/dbusmenu-qt/blobs/master/src/dbusmenu_export.h
> "dbusmenu_qt_EXPORTS" is defined at compile time and classes are
> exported e.g. "class DBUSMENU_EXPORT DBusMenuExporter : public
> QObject".

http://gitorious.org/dbusmenu/dbusmenu-qt/blobs/master/src/CMakeLists.txt#line7

This might be related. I didn't try but might be a failure in the way
of the code is exporting it.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br