[OE-core] Using external source trees with OE-Core

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Fri Feb 24 16:59:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> You can also -c clean and it will wipe
> out WORKDIR but it won't touch ${S}. I picked libfm effectively at
> random. It won't remove the autoreconf changes from configure but I'm
> not sure I care much about that.

This is one of the things that srctree handled a bit differently. I
think we should think about pushing the clean improvement bits into a
core class, to make it easy to select slightly different clean
behavior. Either that, or add a hook for it. As it is today, it'd be
slightly painful to make the recipe both wipe workdir and make clean
your source tree.
--
Christopher Larson