[OE-core] [oe] gcc-cross-initial patching fails

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 27 11:37:16 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:

> Op 22 feb. 2012, om 22:39 heeft Andreas Müller het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> gcc45-no-add-needed.patch is the patch in question. I dont see
>>> anything wrong with it.
>>> Can you do bitbake -ccleanall gcc-cross-initial and redo bitbake
>>> gcc-cross-initial -cpatch ?
>>>
>> FYI: I removed the line which came in by the commits I mentioned above
>>
>> should_apply[vardepsexclude] += "PN"
>>
>> in openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-common.inc
>>
>> and build from scratch works without issues.
>
> I received reports of the same problem and I handed your fix to them, I'm waiting to hear back.

Having some experience to this problem now, I have the feeling that
there is some race condition on patching. I think gcc-cross-initial /
gcc-cross-intermediate / gcc-runtime share same source directory -
correct me if I am wrong. In case all start patching about the same
time, the patches don't match for those being late. This theory is
encouraged by the fact that the following sequence helps when building
from scratch:

1. bitbake gcc-cross-initial
2. bitbake gcc-cross-intermediate
3. bitbake gcc-runtime