[OE-core] psuedo-native strangeness on 64 bit build machine

Steve Sakoman sakoman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 05:29:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com> wrote:

> I'm building pseudo on 64-bit machines right now, no problem.
>
> The error you are seeing is pseudo attempting to build both a 64-bit and a
> 32-bit wrapper.  The 32-bit wrapper is built when the recipe detects support
> for both 32-bit and 64-bit userspace.  It does this by looking first that
> your host is 64-bit, and then for /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h.  Assuming it
> finds those, it assumes your system has 32-bit binaries on it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My 64 bit build machine has the ia32-libs package installed and
/usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h exists.  Any idea why the initial clean
build succeeds, but the rebuild triggered by the pull fails?

> To avoid a 32-bit build of pseudo, on a 64-bit machine.  You need to set
> NO32LIBS = "1".  This instructs pseudo to avoid the 32-bit binary build.
>  (If your machine has 32-bit binaries on it, you need to fix your compiler
> to allow for 32-bit userspace builds, otherwise pseudo will be incapable of
> wrapping any 32-bit binaries, resulting in a potential mismatch of user,
> groups and modes set by any 32-bit applications.

Could you give me a pointer on how to "fix" my compiler to allow for
32-bit userspace builds?

Thanks!

Steve