[OE-core] wpa-supplicant strangeness after pull

Steve Sakoman sakoman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 22:05:44 UTC 2012

I'm continuing to see failing builds or defective packages on package
rebuilds triggered by the recent change to sstate hash.

The wpa-supplicant package is a good example of the latter -- the
rebuild completes successfully but the resulting package is defective.
 There were no recent changes to the recipe, so this was clearly a
"just to be safe" rebuild based on sstate hash (correct me if I am
wrong!)

In particular /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.service
now contains:

Exec=/usr/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -u

rather than:

Exec=/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -u

Rebuilding the package after a -c cleansstate restores the expected result.

Is it "just me" or are others seeing this kind of breakage?

I'm beginning to suspect I ought to just do a clean build after every
pull in order to remain productive!

Steve