[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 061/113] wpa-supplicant - pulls GPLv3 license rpm in a non-GPLv3 build (libgnutls-extra)

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Tue Jan 3 12:06:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 22:19 -0800, Saul Wold wrote:
> +def get_defconfig(bb, d):
> +	if d.getVar('INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE', 1) in [ 'GPLv3' ]:
> +		return "-nogplv3"
> +	return ""

Is this really the sort of thing we want to be doing?  It seems like an
abuse of INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE to me.

But, anyway, given that EAP_TTLSv1 seems to be a dead protocol, and the
latest versions of wpa-supplicant and GnuTLS have removed EAP_TTLSv1 and
TLS/IA altogether, it seems as though we could safely just turn that
stuff off in the standard defconfig and avoid the whole gnutls-extra
thing without introducing this complexity.

p.