[OE-core] Recent xserver-kdrive failure and util-macros update

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 4 07:28:50 UTC 2012

We seem to have a relatively new failure in xserver-kdrive, which
appeared in the last set of change.  I tried to run though a bisect but
was not able to find the problem.

The problem seems to be related to configure.ac setting of
XSERVER_CFLAGS='$(CWARNFLAGS)' and then using -Werror=address, which is
what causes the failure.

This seems to be related to the util-macros update to 1.16, which adds
more warnings to errors.  Since we are still using the older
xserver-kdrive, there are warnings that are now errors with the update.

We could patch the current xserver-kdrive, revert the 1.16 update to
util-macros or update xserver-kdrive (which is in the works, but I think
had some issues).  This also seems to affect the libxp package on x86-64.

Thoughts, I know we don't like to revert, but we may have to in this
case as we don't have the kdrive update yet and would need to further
investigate the libxp failure.

--
     Sau!

Saul Wold