[OE-core] Recent xserver-kdrive failure and util-macros update

Cui, Dexuan dexuan.cui at intel.com
Wed Jan 4 10:18:40 UTC 2012

Xiaofeng Yan wrote on 2012-01-04:
> On 2012年01月04日 15:28, Saul Wold wrote:
>>
>> We seem to have a relatively new failure in xserver-kdrive, which
>> appeared in the last set of change. I tried to run though a bisect
>> but was not able to find the problem.
>>
>> The problem seems to be related to configure.ac setting of
>> XSERVER_CFLAGS='$(CWARNFLAGS)' and then using -Werror=address, which is
>> what causes the failure.
Hi Saul,
Can we patch this to make it not fail?
I'll try to look into this...

>> This seems to be related to the util-macros update to 1.16, which
>> adds more warnings to errors. Since we are still using the older
>> xserver-kdrive, there are warnings that are now errors with the update.
>>
>> We could patch the current xserver-kdrive, revert the 1.16 update to
>> util-macros or update xserver-kdrive (which is in the works, but I
>> think had some issues). This also seems to affect the libxp package
>> on x86-64.
I don't see any libxp failure(I build libxp with MACHINE=qemux86 on an
X86-64 host). By saying "on x86-64", did you mean "qemux86-64"?

>> Thoughts, I know we don't like to revert, but we may have to in this
>> case as we don't have the kdrive update yet and would need to
>> further investigate the libxp failure.
> Hi Saul,
> Do you have any suggestion my previous patches to update
> xserver-kdrive ?
> http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=xiaofeng/update
I can build Xiaofeng's xserver-kdrive 1.11.2 fine with util-macro_1.16.
Can we use the new xserver-kdriver and remove the old one?

Thanks,
-- Dexuan