[OE-core] weird exports in bitbake.conf

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 4 13:49:25 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 04 January 2012 12:24:21 Phil Blundell wrote:
> There's also a bunch of historical Opie stuff which is currently getting
> exported globally:
>
> export QTDIR = "${STAGING_DIR_HOST}/qt2"
> export QPEDIR = "${STAGING_DIR_HOST}"
> export OPIEDIR = "${STAGING_DIR_HOST}"
> export palmtopdir = "${libdir}/opie"
> export palmqtdir = "${palmtopdir}"
>
> Paul, do you know if these variables are still necessary, whether they
> all need to be exported, and/or whether they could go in some opie class
> rather than bitbake.conf?

These are still necessary for building Opie, but I think they really belong in
palmtop.bbclass in meta-opie, certainly not in oe-core. Unfortunately I just
checked and a bunch of recipes in meta-opie refer to these without inheriting
palmtop and will therefore break if these are removed. I want to tidy these up
but can you give me until next week to do that?

Thanks,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton