[OE-core] Preventing RRECOMMENDS from installing

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Tue Jan 10 10:42:39 UTC 2012

* Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> [120110 11:26]:

> On Tuesday 10 January 2012 10:08:24 Phil Blundell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 11:03 +0100, Anders Darander wrote:
> > > Is there a simple way, in a bbappend-file to prevent packages in an
> > > RRECOMMENDS from being installed? E.g. if package foo has:
> > > RRECOMMENDS_${PN} += "bar"

> > If you mean you just want to stop them getting installed during rootfs
> > construction, you can achieve that by declaring them to be
> > BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS.

> FWIW, it should be noted that this currently works for ipk packaging only.

Ah, good to know...
I was just about to start a new round of tests, but as we're currently
using rpm packaging, there probably is no need...

For the beginning, I'll have to stay with the local patch approach then,
and later on, investigate what it would take to implement this for rpm
packaging.

Cheers,
Anders

--