[OE-core] RFC: Joint, monthly, and online forum for developer discussion

Hudson, Sean Sean_Hudson at mentor.com
Tue Jan 10 01:49:32 UTC 2012

I propose having a monthly, online developer forum that promotes discussion on longer term technical issues that impact both Yocto and OpenEmbedded.  This would supplement the already existing mailing list and irc communication channels.  In order to facilitate this, I'd like to propose a telephone/web conference, which my employer has agreed to host.

This forum would help provide an additional way for the community to discuss technical issues and share information about planned work and works in progress.

Initial Topics for Discussion might include:
1.      layering definitions - discussion on what exists today and how to make it better
2.      discussions on techniques to make working with oe/yocto better
3.      oe/yocto disconnects (opportunities for better alignment)
4.      common new user issues
5.      documentation (standards, lacks, etc)
6.      ?

Regards,
     Sean

Sean Hudson | Embedded Linux Architect for Mentor Embedded Linux
Mentor Graphics - Embedded Software Division(tm)