[OE-core] How do I get rid of systemd

Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan jin at mediatomb.cc
Wed Jan 18 13:43:22 UTC 2012

Hi Rainer,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 02:16:12PM +0100, Rainer Koenig wrote:
> built my first basic customized console image (based on angstrom's
> console-image.bb) and managed to get SystemV init pulled in by deleting
> the systemd entry for the init manager.
>
> But systemd is still pulled in via connman, dhcp, rsyslog and ntp. How
> can I get totally rid of systemd so that I don't need a kernel with CGROUPS?

I also did not want systemd in my image, I had to create a layer and patch
out systemd from each package that was pulling it in, one by one.

Surely not the nicest solution, but I did not find any other ways to solve this.

Actually, it would be nice to have a global variable setting for it... i.e.
build with/without systemd :P

Kind regards,
Jin