[OE-core] adding tools-debug to EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES pulls other tasks from same recipe

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 06:28:39 UTC 2012

Hi

I added to local.conf
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "tools-debug"

and now when I do bitbake -g I see that its wanting to build
"tools-testapp" and "tools-profile"
even though I did not ask them to be added to my image. all these
packages are coming from
single recipe task-core-tools.bb. If I divide this recipe into 3
different recipes where each provides
just one task, it then leaves the others out.

Since these are meta packages they pull in a lot of stuff. Would it be
ok to divide this recipe
into 3 individual recipes ? Ideally I would expect that the other
packages dont get build even
though they are in same recipe but that is not the case at present

Thoughts?
-Khem