[OE-core] CMake error? CMAKE_AR-NOTFOUND

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 24 13:30:05 UTC 2012

Hi,
currently I try to build a native software that needs CMake, it is a
required tool to cross compile another software.
An it seems that CMAKE_AR is set to an invalid value (CMAKE_AR-NOTFOUND).
The cmake.bbclass has no entry about this.

By searching the web, the only information found was that it can be
set to ${GCC_PATH}/dld.
As I am usually not working with CMake where can I find the native
"ar" or "dld" executable in OpenEmbedded?

Using the archiver from my hosts /usr/bin/ar seems to be wrong since
in cmake.bbclass "set( CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM ONLY )"
prohibits it.

Sorry for this stupid question.

--
Regards