[OE-core] polkit broken?

Steve Sakoman sakoman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 23:59:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

>> My image does include systemd from meta-openembedded so I suspect that
>> may be a factor.
>
> I suspect so too.
>
>> For those who are building with sysvinti, do you see this issue?
>
> No, this looks like the version string for systemd is upsetting rpm
> somehow, probably the inclusion of a "-". The rpm backend is supposed to
> remap that character iirc...

I tested this on a second build machine and didn't encounter the error.

I then went back to the first build machine, did a 'bitbake -c
cleansstate avahi systemd' and then rebuilt the image.

Of course it built with no problems, so I'm not really sure what was
going on!  I'll try a clean build on another machine to see if it
re-occurs.  If not, it will be yet another addition to my "mysteries
of the universe" list :-)

Steve