[OE-core] [oe] evince: who is responsible to pack all within usr/lib/evince/3/backends to ${PN}?

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 29 00:08:31 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Andreas Müller
<schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Paul Eggleton
> <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> On Saturday 28 January 2012 00:29:28 Andreas Müller wrote:
>>> Have modified bitbake.conf here to
>>>
>>> PACKAGES = "${PN}-dbg ${PN}-dev ${PN}-staticdev ${PN} ${PN}-doc
>>> ${PN}-locale"
>>>
>>> now I get the expected behavior.
>>>
>>> Will start a build from scratch for the night to see if there is some
>>> fallout..
>>
>> We would need to be extremely careful before changing the default value of
>> PACKAGES. I would strongly suggest you enable buildhistory when you do this so
>> you can spot any changes easily, particularly in package content.
>>
> I am afraid you are so right: First build fallout is db. It shows that
> the current implementation
>
> SOLIBS = ".so.*"
> SOLIBSDEV = ".so"
>
> fails at least here. The main shared lib is found in -dev!
>
> Uhhh cold in here...

How about splitting bitbake.conf changes:
1. Now: move ${PN}-staticdev before ${PN}. This should not have the
dramatic impact and makes it easier to fix new QA warnings.
2. (Much) later ${PN}-dev before ${PN}. This has huge impact and needs
massive testing

Andreas