[OE-core] Machine dependencies validation with sstate

McClintock Matthew-B29882 B29882 at freescale.com
Mon Jan 30 16:48:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> rm tmp/stamps/*/*sigdata*
> MACHINE=qemux86 bitbake core-image-sato -S
> find tmp/stamps/i586-poky-linux/ -name \*sigdata* | sort > l1
> find tmp/stamps/all-poky-linux/ -name \*sigdata* | sort >> l1
> MACHINE=qemux86copy bitbake core-image-sato -S
> find tmp/stamps/i586-poky-linux/ -name \*sigdata* | sort > l2
> find tmp/stamps/all-poky-linux/ -name \*sigdata* | sort >> l2

I never knew about the '-S' option... that's helpful and saves a lot of time.

> and then comparing the files l1 and l2, you can see which sigdata files
> differ. Running bitbake-diffsigs on the files, e.g.:
>
> bitbake-diffsigs tmp/stamps/all-poky-linux/x11-common-0.1-r44.do_package_write_ipk.sigdata.*

Have you found an easy way to traverse up a dependency chain to the
initial signature? It can take a while running the above command until
you get to the *real* signature change on not just a signature change
because one of the dependencies signature changed...

Some sort of tool at this point seems to be the solution. It could do
a lot more as well. Tracking signature changes between builds would be
nice as well. The list could go on and on...

-M