[OE-core] local.conf & bblayers.conf changes...

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 17:22:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:01:04AM -0700, Saul Wold wrote:
> On 07/03/2012 09:42 AM, Rich Pixley wrote:
> > Where can I find a description of the recent changes and what I need to
> > do to bring my files back up to current?
> >
> > What were the incompatible changes?
> >
> For bblayers.conf, we bumped the version becase we moved the BBPATH
> initial setting into the bblayers.conf to ensure we dont accidently
> pickup things in . because of the way a :: was being parsed.  See
> this commit
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=5e3a61b40b7b697d83b41e7e247cd1f94eb7673c
>
> Not sure what you mean about local.conf, since I am not sure of your
> starting point.

Maybe he refers to OELAYOUT_ABI change from:
http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=4199efed48005a62267fa3374c33b13627d85f44

Which in sanity.conf suggests:
"To continue, either rebuild or switch back to the OEBasic signature
handler with BB_SIGNATURE_HANDLER = 'OEBasic'."
see: http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/meta/classes/sanity.bbclass?id=bf440fd971dd549ae4e92c54046ea062ef51cd85

but doesn't say that if you decide to switch back to OEBasic signature
handler that you have to also bump tmp-eglibc/abi_version to 8 to
silence this sanity check and keep OEBasic without rebuilding.

Cheers,