[OE-core] The Mythical Sato Replacement

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 08:56:56 UTC 2012

On 09/07/12 23:36, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> Shuku will be a descendent of Sato, that is continue to use the
>> Matchbox Window Manager, Desktop, and Panel; although the latter two
>> will be updated for GTK+ 3.  All applications will be removed and
>> fully reconsidered when adding back, so the text editor might well
>> change from leafpad to something that had a release in two years,
>> Midori is looking like a good web browser choice instead of Web, the
>> PIM suite removed, and so on.
>
> Did you consider QT instead of GTK+ ? I think having wayland would be cool.

I think Wayland support would be cool also. I think it would be a
fantastic way to get people involved and encourage adoption.

A Raspberry Pi build for its specific architecture with Wayland and an
automatically populated SDK and toolchain? People would be flocking...

Just my 2p!

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer