[OE-core] Upcoming Yocto 1.2.1 "denzil" release this week.

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jul 11 11:00:14 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 09:57 +0100, Jack Mitchell wrote:
> On 11/07/12 05:42, Scott Garman wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > After a review of the QA full pass test report for Yocto 1.2.1, the
> > release team has agreed to submit this release candidate as our final
> > release for 1.2.1. Song Liu will organize the release readiness
> > decision, and I expect Beth Flanagan will be able to perform the
> > official release by the end of this week.
> >
> > Unfortunately the timing of this is such that I will be out of the
> > office for the rest of this week. Saul Wold can handle any
> > questions/concerns in my absence.
> >
> > Thanks so much to everyone who contributed work that went into 1.2.1!
> > We now have 35 bugfixes and a few further enhancements to denzil since
> > 1.2 to share with our users.
> >
> > Scott
> >

> Are Khems eglibc patches going to make it in for this - 2.16 is playing
> havoc with my builds at the moment and surely will with everyone else
> when the major distros catch up.

Its too late to get those pieces into 1.2.1, they're not even in master
yet, let alone in a stable release branch.

I'm proposing we get 1.2.1 out, get the 2.16 pieces tested in master,
then port them to the denzil branch quickly post release so they'd make
any 1.2.2 release and are available on the git branch for people using
the stable branch.