[OE-core] Glib-2.0 cross-compile issue Was: Master Failures

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Jul 18 01:01:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 02:52 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:

> It's probably caused by this
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.svn/604029
>
> which isn't very cross-compile friendly.. maybe we can just add patch
> reverting this change in 2.32.4?

I don't think it's a good idea to look at this module by module.  A
*lot* of code out there uses AM_PATH_PYTHON, and then does something
with the resulting value of @PYTHON at .  We should figure out the correct
thing to do that fixes all of:

0) "Normal" self-hosting build where /usr/bin/python = python2, and
   we can use both /usr/bin/env python or /usr/bin/python
1) OE-core cross compilation
2) Ubuntu's situation of /usr/bin/python = python 3, and we want
   to use /usr/bin/python2

Reverting the patch is going to break 2).