[OE-core] Different behavior of same IMAGE_FSTYPES definition in edison branch and denzil branch

Luo Zhenhua-B19537 B19537 at freescale.com
Wed Jul 18 13:05:02 UTC 2012

I meet a different behavior of IMAGE_FSTYPES in edison branch and denzil branch.

In edison branch:
IMAGE_FSTYPES is defined as following in poky/meta/conf/bitbake.conf.
IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "tar.gz"
I defined IMAGE_FSTYPES as following in my customized image bb file(in my layer)
IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "tar.gz ext2.gz.u-boot jffs2"
The actual value of IMAGE_FSTYPES is "tar.gz ext2.gz.u-boot jffs2" which is the expectation.

In denzil branch:
IMAGE_FSTYPES is defined as following in poky/meta/conf/bitbake.conf.
IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "tar.gz"
I defined IMAGE_FSTYPES as following in my customized image bb file(in my layer)
IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "tar.gz ext2.gz.u-boot jffs2"
The actual value of IMAGE_FSTYPES is "tar.gz"

Is this the expected behavior in denzil branch? Should I use 'IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar.gz ext2.gz.u-boot jffs2"' to override previous definition?

Best Regards,

Zhenhua