[OE-core] Broken parallel build of gcc*

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at sigma-chemnitz.de
Sat Jul 21 14:39:05 UTC 2012

Enrico Scholz
<enrico.scholz-wttK6gPy29v+Hn7q9Vec/7NAH6kLmebB at public.gmane.org>
writes:

>> Encrico: Which DISTRO are you using and do you use rm_work*.bbclass?
>
> yes; rm_old_work seems to cause the problem.

The signature stuff was one problem; there is another, more trivial (but
probably more difficult) one:

Adding a task like

| addtask do_rm_old_work before do_unpack

causes stampfile dependencies for the shared gcc like

gcc.do_unpack ->  gcc-initial.do_rm_old_work
gcc.do_unpack ->  gcc-intermediate.do_rm_old_work

E.g. the earlier 'do_rm_old_work' stamps are recipe dependent but the
later 'do_unpack' are shared between recipes. Bitbake reexecutes do_unpack
when the corresponding do_rm_old_work is newer which is causing the seen
errors.

For now, I will declare the task as 'before do_compile'.

Enrico