[OE-core] Tagging autobuilder bugs

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Jul 23 15:34:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just did my first week on the SWAT team, monitoring the autobuilder.
 Thanks to Richard and Paul for putting up with all my questions!

I did find that one of the hardest things was transferring the latest
knowledge of what is broken, what isn't really broken, and what should
work from the previous member.  To make this easier, I've got a
proposal:

  All problems with the build should be filed as bugs in the relevant
component, and then tagged with "(autobuilder)" in the status
whiteboard.  When the problem has been resolved, the bug can be
closed.

This ensures that all issues are logged and the relevant people
notified in a persistent manner (IRC pings may be missed) , and that
when the next SWAT member takes over a bugzilla search will list any
known problems.

Thoughts/comments?

Ross