[OE-core] meta-toolchain type SDK containing external toolchain possible?

Manuel Bessler manuel.bessler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:55:28 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com> wrote:
>> What do you mean by "via a crosssdk/cross-canadian binary"? Built by
>> bitbake using the *-cross-canadian recipes?
>

> You need to create a crosssdk/cross-canadian recipe that copies the binary
> toolchain into the right SDK location(s).  Using external-csl-toolchain (or
> similar) as a guide.

I'm looking at external-csl-toolchain and others I've found as examples,
and I've had this working for regular builds for a while, but I'm missing
examples showing how this translates for SDKs, ie. cross-canadian.

> Yes, I have external-cs-toolchain.bb, and
> external-cs-toolchain-cross-canadian.bb, which is based on the former.
>
> (most of it is generic, so a single ".inc" version used by both should be
> possible as well..)

I'm slowly working on something like that, but if you have done this somewhere,
I'd really appreciate if I could take a look at an example thats known
to work...

Thanks,
Manuel