[OE-core] [oe-commits] Morgan Little : python: Update for python-native changes

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 08:25:27 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 09:17:26AM +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 09:57 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:

> > > Not really and it happens only in some builds (all today - haven't seen
> > > this error before) and sofar it failed in 4/10 image/feed builds and
> > > worked in remaining 6.
> > >
> > > Even for the same combination of MACHINE and target it once worked and once
> > > failed without any metadata changes or host distro changes between.
> >
> > env doesn't show anything interesting related to python
> >
> > changing shebang to
> > path/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/python-native/python
> >
> > made all currently failing builds to succeed again, but the issue is
> > still there..
>
> Is this on the same build machine? There must be something in common
> with the failed builds. Do they always fail if you

Yes, same machine same builddir..

One failing image succeeded later, the remaining 3 are: 1 image
(bitbake shr-image) and 2 bitbake package-index tasks (which are called after
bitbake task-shr-feed is finished).

I'm doing 8 image builds + 4 feed builds in 2 separate builddirs there.
All about 3 times already since yesterday.

So I don't see anything special on those 3 failing :/.

> hardcode /usr/bin/python in there? If so, can we figure out why the host

With hardcoded /usr/bin/python it was failing, then I've tried to
hardcode that python-native which worked.

> python is looking at files in the sysroot? LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't set or
> something odd like that?

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to empty in setup-env script.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com