[OE-core] EXCLUDE_FROM_WORLD

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Jul 26 19:07:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 18:45 +0000, Slater, Joseph wrote:
> Could somebody clarify excluding things from world?  I see
> EXCLUDE_FROM_WORLD = "1" in
>
> many places, including libx11.inc, and I'm sure there's plenty of
> libx11 stuff in world.

The issue is that there are multiple providers of libx11 and when you
bitbake world, we don't want them all to build. For that reason it gets
excluded and then the correct version will get built as needed.

There are plans afoot to merge those different libx11 recipes at which
point the exclude from world will get dropped.

> I also see package specific exclusions in world-broken.inc.

This was originally a list of known problematic packages and used to be
quite large. Looking at the list:

gobject-introspection: Totally broken recipe, I'm tempted to delete it.
eds-tools: Again, I'm tempted to delete the recipe
clutter-box2d: This should build, not sure why its on the broken list.

Chris replied about the other bits...