[OE-core] pango modules postinst issue

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:01:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

sorry fur disturbing again - but:

When starting X on a maiden image I receive:

No builtin or dynamically loaded modules were found.
PangoFc will not work correctly.
This probably means there was an error in the creation of:
  '/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You should create this file by running:
  pango-querymodules > '/etc/pango/pango.modules'

and have no fonts displayed. Followed the suggestion

pango-querymodules > '/etc/pango/pango.modules'

-> fonts are OK.

I checked: Besides other pango modules my image contains
pango-module-basic-x. In the postinst of this package I see

#!/bin/sh
if [ "x$D" != "x" ]; then
  exit 1
fi

if ! [ -e $D/etc/pango ] ; then
	mkdir -p $D/etc/pango
fi
/usr/bin/pango-querymodules > /etc/pango/pango.modules

This looks OK so far ( besides that I would not have the $D in second part ).

Additionally log.do_rootfs says:

Configuring pango-module-basic-x.
pango-module-basic-x.postinst returned 1, marking as unpacked only,
configuration required on target.

Any idea what is happening here?

Andreas