[OE-core] RPM packaging issue?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Fri Jun 1 15:10:55 UTC 2012

On 5/31/12 8:33 PM, Laurentiu Palcu wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I was trying to build core-image-gtk-directfb and ended up with this error:
>
> Log data follows:
> | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_rootfs
> | ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (see
> /home/lau/yocto/build/tmp/work/qemux86-poky-linux/core-image-minimal-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.4857
> for further information)
> | Generating solve db for /home/lau/yocto/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/qemux86...
> | Generating solve db for /home/lau/yocto/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/i586...
> | Generating solve db for /home/lau/yocto/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/all...
> | Generating solve db for /home/lau/yocto/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/all...
> | Processing task-core-boot...
> | Processing module-init-tools...
> | Unable to find package module-init-tools (module-init-tools)!
> NOTE: package core-image-minimal-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: Failed
>
> module-init-tools is provided by kmod package and is in the RDEPENDS of
> task_base recipe.
>
> Then I tried to add module_init_tools to CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL and
> build core-image-minimal (just for testing), the same result.
>
> The interesting thing is that this didn't happen if the packaging format
> is ipk.
>
> Anybody know anything about this issue?

The IMAGE_INSTALL list has module-init-tools in it.  This list is based on
package name and not "dependency" or "provide" name.  The package
module-init-tools no longer exists in the system, there is only a runtime
provide from the kmod package.

This ensures that any package that requires module-init-tools will work
properly, but anyone adding module-init-tools to the IMAGE_INSTALL it will fail
as you've seen above.

--Mark