[OE-core] superfluous download locations in oe-core's bitbake.conf

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Jun 22 13:34:13 UTC 2012

On Thursday 21 June 2012 04:56:51 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   given that oe-core is defined as being a really minimal
> configuration with no extraneous cruft, there seems to be a number of
> unnecessary download locations in the shipped bitbake.conf, things
> like:
>
> ADOBE_MIRROR =
> FREEBSD_MIRROR =
>
> and so on.  obviously, they're not doing any harm but there seems to
> be little value in defining download locations that aren't used by
> anything actually in oe-core.

These are present for largely historical reasons - namely in OE-Classic we had
a number of recipes needing this same mirror defined and it was deemed that it
was easier to edit it in one place if it needed to change. Some of them are
even completely useless now as the sites to which they point are now gone,
e.g. HANDHELDS_CVS.

I think the way to approach this would be to just submit a patch removing the
more extraneous ones and see if anyone complains. Note that some of them that
aren't used in OE-Core might be used within meta-oe or other OE community
layers, so those might need to stay at least for the time being.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton