[OE-core] sgml-common sstate_task_postfunc failure

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 08:32:59 UTC 2012

On 22/06/12 18:08, Scott Garman wrote:
> On 06/22/2012 01:50 AM, Jack Mitchell wrote:
>> I have had issues building sgml-common the past few days with oe-core
>> master. Could anyone shed any light on the debug messages I am receiving
>> and what I could do to go about fixing them.
>>
>> I don't really understand the recipe, it seems to be some sort of
>> surrogate recipe for transferring over specified files.
>
> The sgml catalog generation process has been plagued with race
> conditions and special cases like requiring SSTATEPOSTINSTFUNCS from
> the start - the problem is that unlike most packages, we're not
> installing static files but need to dynamically update the sgml
> catalog every time a new dtd gets installed.
>
> If this is reproducible, and you've only been experiencing it for the
> past few days, could you possibly bisect which commit has caused this
> error?
>
> Scott
>
>> snip...

Unfortunately I had not updated or been building for around a month so
while reproducible on my current build I cannot say when over the last
month the issue turned up! I will keep updating and keep investigating
to see if I can come up with a suggestion.

I do have a quite a high parallel build at 12 threads, which has caused
problems in the past.

Regards,
Jack.

--