[OE-core] [RFC] keymaps and kernel version

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 23:40:03 UTC 2012

Hi,
while testing some new kernels I found out a broken keymap.
After short research I could identify the cause in
recipes-bsp/keymaps/files/keymap.sh:
KERNEL_MAJMIN=`uname -r | cut -d '.' -f 1,2`
if [ -e /etc/keymap-$KERNEL_MAJMIN.map ]; then
    loadkeys /etc/keymap-$KERNEL_MAJMIN.map
fi

$ uname -r | cut -d '.' -f 1,2
3.2

I realized we are still using some old keymap-2.6.map and this doesn't
match with KERNEL_MAJMIN.
Now, renaming the keymaps to 3.2 would be only a band-aid,  3.3 is coming.

Maybe we should check for keymap-3.map, i.e.

 uname -r | cut -d '.' -f 1,1

 or embed the machine name instead.

Regards

Andrea