[OE-core] Undeterministic builds with different distributions

Andreas Oberritter obi at opendreambox.org
Thu Mar 8 20:26:20 UTC 2012

Hello Mark,

thank you for your remarks. I'm going to file bug reports for everything
I'm unable to fix myself.

On 08.03.2012 18:50, Mark Hatle wrote:
> On 3/7/12 8:27 PM, Andreas Oberritter wrote:
>> * Owners differ, e.g.:
>>
>> --rw-rw-r-- 1000       1000             2048 ./lib/firmware/rt73.bin
>> +-rw-r--r-- root       root             2048 ./lib/firmware/rt73.bin
>>
>> Builds were done by userids 1000 (a) and 1001 (b).
>
> Are you comparing final images, sysroots or?
>
> If you are comparing tarball images, be sure to either actually be root
> when you extract it, or enable pseudo for the proper root
> permissions/user/groups emulation.

I compared files-in-image.txt, generated by buildhistory.bbclass. Since
on machine b the displayed user is root, I suppose that the displayed
username is set by pseudo and will match the username of the
final image.

Also note that only few files had uid 1000 on machine a.

I'm going to clean tmp and sstate-cache on both machines and rebuild
with matching build directories.

Regards,
Andreas