[OE-core] broken ncurses support for python

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Sat Mar 10 04:57:01 UTC 2012

On 03/08/2012 10:48 AM, Scott Garman wrote:

>>> Could you be more specific about how python ncurses support is broken? I
>>> assume you're getting errors of unresolved symbols. If that's the
>>> case, you
>>> may need to rebuild the application so it links to ncurses from
>>> base_libdir.
>> No, python fails to find the library.
>> And it is bad practice to put develeopment files in /lib anyway.
>> I think, putting .so.x.x intu lib was sufficient instead of setting
>> whole libdir to /lib.
>> Or development files might be moved to /usr/lib back (and .so symlink
>> re-created
>> to address this).
>
> Thanks, I understand what you're saying now. I hope to look into this
> tomorrow and develop a fix; I've been away at a conference all week so far.

Thanks again Sergey for troubleshooting this and suggesting a solution.
I filed bug #2070 to track this and have created the following fix for it:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=sgarman/python-ncurses-fix&id=23c73da5f13b6c586353edb8143fa21058bf3a55

I'm going to queue up some build tests to run over the weekend and plan
to submit this first thing on Monday should that go well.

Regards,

Scott

--
Scott Garman