[OE-core] Task after do_package repeating despite stamp

Daniel Lazzari dlazzari at leapfrog.com
Thu Mar 15 01:11:00 UTC 2012

Let me preface this by saying I'm running an older oe-core (Angstrom) so this may be fixed in the latest, but if so, I'm hoping someone can point me at the patch to fix it.

I have a few recipes in our layer that need to generate proprietary packages from ${D} after the do_package task has copied the files for its own devices. To do this, I have a task like:

do_create_foo() {
	#Generate foo package here
	foo_pkger ${D} ${DEPLOY_DIR}/foo/${MACHINE}
}
addtask create_foo after do_package before do_build
do_create_foo[dirs] = "${DEPLOY_DIR}/foo/${MACHINE}"

The problem is, when building any recipe that depends on this recipe, it reruns do_create_foo. This is especially problematic because we use rm_work, so often when it goes back to rerun do_create_foo, ${D} no longer exists. I checked and a stamp exists for the task.

Anyone have any insight? Is anyone else seeing something like this?

Thanks,

Dan Lazzari Jr.
Firmware Engineer
dlazzari at leapfrog.com