[OE-core] LSB support?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Thu Mar 15 16:25:37 UTC 2012

On 3/15/12 3:18 AM, Ni Qingliang wrote:
> Hello, I'm working on custom lsb-base image using oe-core.
>
> and when using the lsb script, found error:
>
> lsb_start_daemon line 44: daemon command not found.
>
> similar thing happend on lsb_log_message: failure and warning command
> not found.
>
> maybe these function should be defined in /etc/init.d/functions?
>
> but there are not these function in this file (belongs to initscripts).

Did you enable the LSB distribution settings?  Without this, various components
may not be available.

In Poky, there is a "poky-lsb" distribution type:

DISTRO = "poky-lsb"
DISTROOVERRIDES = "poky:linuxstdbase"

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " pam largefile opengl"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libx11 = "libx11"

(as well as using the core-image-lsb and/or task-core-lsb components.)

If you've tried this and those items are still broken, let me know and I can
help investigate further.  (One final note, only LSB 1.4 is currently supported.)

--Mark