[OE-core] README reference to yocto project seems wrong

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Mar 15 16:25:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Paul Eggleton wrote:

> On Thursday 08 March 2012 18:35:49 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   in the top-level oe-core README file, one reads:
> >
> > The Yocto Project has extensive documentation about OE including a
> > reference manual
> > which can be found at:
> >     http://yoctoproject.org/community/documentation
> >

> > however, that URL isn't technically correct, and i don't see any OE
> > manual there.
>
> As mentioned in the other mail, the Yocto Project manuals are the
> most likely to be useful for OE-Core rather than the old OE manual.
> Perhaps we could tweak the comment above to make this a little more
> clear though.

  just to be clear, besides the inaccurate (but still properly
redirecting) link, the wording above makes one think that there is an
*OE* reference manual over at yocto, when of course it is a *yocto*
reference manual containing OE reference material.

  anyway, i think you get my point.  have at it.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca