[OE-core] LSB support?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Fri Mar 16 15:36:52 UTC 2012

On 3/16/12 12:18 AM, Ni Qingliang wrote:
> when building qemux86-64 arch core-image-lsb (distro is poky-lsb), I got
> /usr/lib/../lib/libXrandr.so.2: undefined reference to
> `memcpy at GLIBC_2.14' when 'do_compile' gconf 3.2.3.
>
> the default eglibc is 2.13, why it needs 2.14?

Without anything further, the only guess I can make is that either you aren't
using the version of glibc you think you are, it's gotten some host
contamination, an explicit reference was added to libXrandr (doubtful), or you
are using something that was built/cached from a previous build.  (i.e. did you
build w/ eglibc 2.14/2.15 -- and then switch back to eglibc 2.13 for some reason?)

On 3/15/12 9:38 PM, Ni Qingliang wrote:
 > first, thanks your reply.
 >
 > Because I can't use task-core-lsb on my device (flash space is not
 > enough), I have to make a custom lsb-base image (without
 > perl/python/graphics).
 >
 > I have checked the "linuxstdbase", and it will change the configure
 > option of some packages.
 >
 > Indeed, I think the daemon/failure/warning fuctions should be considered
 > in package lsb's RDEPENDS.
 >
 > what I want to know is the rdepends or where is the
 > daemon/failure/warning.

It certainly looks like a component is missing somewhere in the shell scrips
that are provided by the LSB functions.  I would assume that the
depends/provides is setup properly to point to whatever should be providing the
missing daemon, failure, warning commands.  If it's not (or if by default -- non
lsb mode) they're not being built, it's a definite bug.  You shouldn't be able
to build a non-functional systems.

Please file a defect on bugzilla.yoctoproject.org.  I will attempt to
investigate it (or someone else can).  Hopefully it's just as a simple as a
missing dependency.

--Mark