[OE-core] Debugging with gdb

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 19 23:18:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

midori crashes with segmentation fault since a while (0.4.3 & 0.4.4).
To understand why I would like to start a gdb remote debug session. In
the past I prepared the image in the following way to get as much
libraries as possible compiled with -O0 since I do not know which
component might be responsible:

1. clean all tmp dirs
2. build all recipes where -O0 is not wanted
(u-boot/kernel/gdb/gdb-cross) or not possible (eglibc/lttng-ust)
3. added in local.conf: 'SELECTED_OPTIMIZATION = "${DEBUG_OPTIMIZATION} -O0'
4. build image

This sequence does not work anymore since the change in local.conf
causes most (all?) recipes to rebuild which crashes at least at
eglibc.

I am running a bit out of ideas to get this done. The only solution I
see is a minimum optimization passed in the recipe together with 3.
and build from scratch.

Comments / better ideas?

Andreas